Support Multilanguage

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Hello

We have the following setting and wanted to use the WatchersNET.SiteMap in the footer.

DNN 06.01.02 and Delisoft - TabLocalizator 3.0.8.

We now have a footer sitemap on our homepage. if we stay on the site "home" and change the language by clicking on the flag en-us or de-ch the navigation and breadcrumb change correctly. But the sitemap doesn't show the changed language. It seems that the sitemap doesn't refresh when we switch between the languages.

If we click F5 and reload the page, then de sitemap changes and shows the correct language. But only the Root is translated, the child-links are not translated.

Have you ever heard about this behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sara

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Not sure what the problem is. It works with on my site

http://www.watchersnet.de/Service/Sitemap/tabid/285/language/de-DE/Default.aspx with an older Version of the Localizer. I didnt test it under dnn 6 yet, but it doesnt look like i problem of my module. And the Localizer for dnn 6 is still in beta.

Jun 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM

indeed this module should read the page name in app-GlobalResources and GlobalResources.resx but isnt it

Jul 15, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Hi,

I have the same issue with the native dnn localization on 6.1.x. Is there a fix foreseen, by any chance? Works fine otherwise.

Thanks
Franco
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2013 at 10:42 AM
fprati wrote:
Hi,

I have the same issue with the native dnn localization on 6.1.x. Is there a fix foreseen, by any chance? Works fine otherwise.

Thanks
Franco
New Version is online it uses now the localized Tab Names.
Jul 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Hi,
that was quick, thanks. Localisation now works, but there remains an issue with the style, perhaps unrelated: on the same instance one of the portals, non localised, shows styles correctly according to the chosen tree theme. However, on another portal of the same instance, this time localised, the theme is inexistant, it shows simple bullets instead of the tree and (for instance) treeview_navigation.gif. In fact the the class used are mostly '.SiteMap-GlossyGreen .SubLi' and '.SiteMap-GlossyGreen .SubItem' and similar. The .treeview class is missing altogether from all div instructions. Weird, what could it be?

Franco
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM
fprati wrote:
Hi,
that was quick, thanks. Localisation now works, but there remains an issue with the style, perhaps unrelated: on the same instance one of the portals, non localised, shows styles correctly according to the chosen tree theme. However, on another portal of the same instance, this time localised, the theme is inexistant, it shows simple bullets instead of the tree and (for instance) treeview_navigation.gif. In fact the the class used are mostly '.SiteMap-GlossyGreen .SubLi' and '.SiteMap-GlossyGreen .SubItem' and similar. The .treeview class is missing altogether from all div instructions. Weird, what could it be?

Franco
Is this site online, is it possible that i can take a look at the page. Are you using the default configuration or did you changed any settings?
Jul 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Hi,
the site is not yet online, it will be in a few days only. I haven't really changed much, and I have also added a fresh instance of the module after upgrade, just to make sure.

Franco
Coordinator
Jul 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM
fprati wrote:
Hi,
the site is not yet online, it will be in a few days only. I haven't really changed much, and I have also added a fresh instance of the module after upgrade, just to make sure.

Franco
Are there any javascript errors on that page? i guess the script is not correctly loaded.
Jul 17, 2013 at 8:48 PM
No errors that I can see; I got an example here: http://www.alkomdigital.eu/home/siteplan.aspx
Coordinator
Jul 18, 2013 at 7:27 AM
fprati wrote:
No errors that I can see; I got an example here: http://www.alkomdigital.eu/home/siteplan.aspx
i can see that the treeview script is never executed. There are two javascript errors

the first one which is a missing file...

GET http://www.alkomdigital.eu/Portals/_default/Skins/Exceed-Gray/js/search.js 404 (Not Found)

and the second one Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'setAttribute' of null in camera.min.js. The problem is you have some jquery code which is always excecuted even when its not needed, and it throws an error. you need to check if the element exists

//For Slideshow Banner:
jQuery(function(){      
  $('.camera_wrap').camera({
    thumbnails: true, cols: 10,rows: 4, transPeriod: 1500, time:2000, pieDiameter:34, pagination: true, navigation:true, height:"60%",minHeight: "306px",playPause:true,fx:"simpleFade"
  });

should be ....

//For Slideshow Banner:
jQuery(function(){
if ( $('.camera_wrap').length)  {   
  $('.camera_wrap').camera({
    thumbnails: true, cols: 10,rows: 4, transPeriod: 1500, time:2000, pieDiameter:34, pagination: true, navigation:true, height:"60%",minHeight: "306px",playPause:true,fx:"simpleFade"
  });
}
Jul 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Wow, I'm impressed, that did it :-)
Thanks a lot
Franco